Thursday 21 March 2013

•••• Birch Box March 2013 UK ••••



Hello everyone, just received my Birch Box this afternoon. Sorry about being 1 week late as Birch Box had some problem taking money out of my account which took a while to be sorted. But here we are, with the contents of this month shown : 


Birch Box March is Mother's Day special. In this month's box, I have received 5 products (including perfume sample ofcourse) and 2 lifestyle/Beauty extras. Contents are:


  • Laura Geller (Water proof Gel Liner)
  • Molton Brown (perfume sample)
  • RMK (Cleansing Balm)
  • La Sultane De Saba (Body Lotion with Argan Oil)
  • Yu-Be (Moisturizing Skin Cream)

Extras:

  • Sanctuary 30 day Thermal Transformation Mask
  • Lindt Lindor Heart Tin Filled with Chocolate Truffles




La Sultane De Saba (Body Lotion with Argan Oil)Sample size 30ml (full size £26.50)


Inspired by ancient beauty rituals of the Orient and Asia, La Sultane de Saba's body lotion with rich Argan oil sinks into skin with ease leaving a delicate scent.

I found the size of this product is really cute. I tried a little bit of the product on top of my hand and I could see the difference instantly. It gives a lovely smoothness on skin and smells like Body Lotion. I do like this and would like to purchase full size if I see any good offer.

Laura Geller (Water proof Gel Liner)Full Size £24.50


I received this product in shade: Black. There was a purple one in different box (they have more than one variation). I researched about this product and it's $16.50 on Laura Geller's official website so mmm not sure why Birch Box claims it's £24.50. It could be their 'ESHOP' price so I am not too worried about this as the actual product is quite nice. There is a little brush/applicator on top of the product. Open the jar, dip the brush in and pick up just enough product to work with.







Molton Brown (Perfume sample)Sample size 2ml (Full-Size £65)


Known for their gorgeous lotion and shower gel scents, Molton Brown's fine fragrance collection is predictable heavenly  Valbonne combines notes of bergamot, dewy orange flower, rose, vetiver and leather for a sophisticated scent that will take you from day to night.

My opinion on perfume sample 1.5ml / 2ml is quite negative. I just don't think they should be considered as 1 of the 4 to 5 products. However this one's Molton Brown (luxury brand) so I wouldn't complain too much. I personally didn't like the smell as it's not my type of perfume that I would wear, smells more like gent's perfume scent.



Yu-Be (Moisturizing Skin Cream)Sample Size 3g (Full Size £26.50)


Don't let the primrose colour fool you- this multi purpose medicated moisturiser is made of tough stuff. A vestseller in Japan since 1957, the comforting comphor scent magically disappears about a minute after application, but leaves you with super-soft skin.

Hmmm, sounds like a magical product. But I am not too sure if this will live up to the expection , though I haven't tried it yet but will deffinately give it a go. Only problem is, it's too tiny, around 2ml to 3ml 'ish which is not going to convince me to buy full size as not enough application.


RMK (Cleansing Balm)Sample Size 25g (Full Size £29 for 100g)


This rose-scented balm echoes your mum or grandmother's cold cream as it melts into skin and becomes a silky liquid that removes even stubborn make-up with ease. Apply to skin, emulsify with wet hands, and rinse thoroughly with warm water. 

Many people may complain about the scent but I do like it strangely. I am very excited to try this product (not giving it to Mum or Grandmother lol) as I have always wanted to try RMK products. I'll report back here when I used it. Decent size, enough to find out whether it suits your skin or not. 





Last 2 products but certainly not the least, are Lindt Lindor Heart tinned chocolates and Sanctuary sachets x 2. I have already eaten the chocolates and shared a couple with my sister (wish I didn't haha) and loved it.

Overall, I think this Month's Birch Box has some of the very lovely products that I am going to get used out of. Wish I had received the Beauty Blender as what everyone's taking about at the moment. Not too keen on the perfume sample however I am happy with the rest. 

I give Birch Box March 2013 3.5 out of 5



8 comments:

  1. I didn't get this box but I think the RMK cleansing balm sounds fab! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...did you get the one with Beauty Blender?
      I am excited to try the RMK X

      Delete
    2. I don't get this box now - my yearly sub ran out last month. Get Amarya and just signed up to Souksouk x

      Delete
  2. I just received the exact same box today, i don't subscribe but bought it on eh buy one get one free offer. Originally I thought I would give them to my daughter and my boyfriends daughter but i think the products are more my type of thing than theirs, so not sure yet whether to keep this one or not. I thought it was ok too, especially at half price, didn't make me want to subscribe though. I have the cosmopolitan blender which i am told is just as good as the beauty blender some people received in their boxes, i like it anyway, maybe you should try it, it only cost me about £5/$7.50
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I resubbed to using 'TOGETHER' discount code so I'll also be getting another box :)
      I'm hoping to get the beauty blender in the other box, if I don't then I'll be purchasing it from their e-shop as I have enough reward points :)
      Deff a bargain price so I recommend you to keep it x x

      Delete
  3. I love the rmk and will be repurchasing. Also I loved the eyeliner and argan body cream. This is one of the nest boxes I have ever had. I woild have given it 9 out of 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is
      Heard so much about RMK
      So glad that I'm getting to try one if their products
      Love the scent of body cream wish it was less expensive x x

      Delete
  4. I love the rmk and will be repurchasing. Also I loved the eyeliner and argan body cream. This is one of the nest boxes I have ever had. I woild have given it 9 out of 10

    ReplyDelete