Monday 25 March 2013

•••• REAL TECHNIQUES BRUSHES ••••

Real Techniques Make up brushes by Samatha Chapman
This review is on Core Collection , Expert Face Brush and Blush Brush

(Available to purchase from official site : http://realtechniques.com/) Boots, Superdrug, Feel Unique , HQ Hair and other sites.



Real Techniques Core Collection  £20.99 (UK Price)

This review is on my recent purchase from HQ hair and I have never tried these brushes before (wish I did) and I have heard so much about it and was keeping an eye on them to see if a good offer comes accross. I got 20% off my first purchase from HQ hair.

So, I have received 4 brushes in my Core Collection set as the followings:




  • Detailer Brush: Precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas, or use with lipstick for long lasting shape and definition
I used this brush to for my concealer and lip and to be honest I prefer to use the brush for applying lipstick for detailing. As for concealer, it's a little bit too small.

  • Pointed Foundation Brush: Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage
This brush works fine with foundation (ofcourse) however it's again a bit thin towards the end and therefore you have to be very quick with the brush while applying foundation.

  • Buffing Brush: Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation.
This is the fluffiest brush of the collection and I have been using this brush with Mineral Foundation and Setting Powder. It has right amount of hair and feels lovely on the skin and works quick enough.

  • Contour Brush: Delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer soft - focus finish
This is another cute brush that came in the Core Collection. I used this brush to apply powder highlighter however I haven't tried with any other types of Highlighter so not sure how it's going to work. It also works nicely if you want to apply bronzer underneath your blush to define a line but you have to be carefully while applying as you don't want to to art a harsh line. Overall, pleased this brush too.



..and the Core Collection comes with Panormic Case which is a dual carrier and stand keeps brushes organised on your counter or on the go. I am going to use this case while travelling or when I go on holiday. There are extra room to put your other brushes in so it will come handy.


REAL TECHNIQUES BLUSH BRUSH & FACE BRUSH

After being pleased with the Core Collection, I went ahead and purchased two more brushes. This is I researched a few sites to find out where to get those brushes little bit cheaper. 
And I discovered an American site call iHerb ( http://www.iherb.com/Real-Techniques-by-Samantha-Chapman )
Use this code to get discount up to $10 off your first purchase : BHR565
This site seems to be offering quite cheap prices and I didn't have to pay any custom charge.




Expert Face Brush 
This is an ultra firm and broad for application and blendings of cream or liquid foudation. I have bought this brush to use it for Liquid Foundation as I have already got the other Face brush that I using for Mineral one and wanted to keep them separately.  
Beauty the brush is really fluffy, makes it hard and easier to blend foundation nicely and thoroughly. I love this brush :) 




Blush Brush
This brush is hand-cut to contour and define cheeks for flawlessly blended, high definition result:
  • look pixel perfect even in harsh light
  • ultra plush taklon bristles
Now I have been looking for an nice Blush Brush for ages, and have to say that this brush is The Perfect one! It's so soft and yet defines so nicely while applying blush. It has a round texture and therefore helps blending out product nicely. One of my favourite brush by Real Techniques. 



What do you think about Real Techniques Brushes? 

Please feel free to leave a comment 

Love, Fatema x

6 comments:

  1. i love my expert face brush i use it for everything also the stippling brush is really good as well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately!
      I love these brushes
      I can't imagine my make-up life without these babbies now :)
      Thank you for the comment x

      Delete
  2. best brushes around at a affordable price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!
      I got them for an extra 20% discount
      So super happy overall :) x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE real techniques brushes. I don't know how it took me so long to discover them in the first place, but now I have, I'm a convert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Kristina
      I felt the same
      they are my new little babies x

      Delete